I really love this concept. A few tiny flaws ruined it for me. This really needs a way to delete items without placing them; my village became a mess as I cycled through logs and wheat just to get to what I wanted to test. It would also be nice with some better collision detection so that I'm not placing houses on top of my tower just because I was experimenting.
My Pet Kingdom - Game Jam Edition
A downloadable game for Windows
This is my submission for the #LOWREZJAM game jam!
Manage a miniature kingdom by collecting resources and redistributing them! Watch tiny peasants wander aimlessly or cut down trees!
Warning: the game has no save feature, so once you quit you'll have to start all over!
- Wait for resources to appear and click on them. Only one ever appears at a time.
- Drop water on fertile ground to make farms.
- Plant wheat to make homes.
- Build homes near trees to make the inhabitants cut down the trees.
- Build log cabins near boulders to collect stones.
- Try to build a tower, a well and some rose bushes!
Follow me at my Patreon for news on future projects and game development!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- My Pet Kingdom Full Version Released!60 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey! Thanks for the feedback! I agree with everything you've said and I do plan on making something a bit more developed than this. This was originally created for a game jam, so it's mostly just a brain dump of an idea, but I do hope to make something a little more user-friendly in the future!
Neat game, a little confused by what some of the stuff is and what to do with it at points but other than that it's a pretty cool game